Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Little Man is Getting BIG!

Our little man is getting big.....fast! He must be going through a growth spurt because every meal is ended with a clear plate yet he isn't growing outward. Aside from eating us out of house and home Luke is getting big in other ways. Here are two insights for this week.

I was tucking Luke into bed two nights ago and he told me that he wanted to be big. I asked him why and he said, "So I won't have to sleep alone anymore." I explained that just because you are big doesn't mean you stop sleeping alone, you have to be married. He asked if he and his "wife" could live with me and daddy. I said, "well, when you are that big you are going to want your own home." (Then this is what got me in the heart) "But mommy, I love you, I don't want to live somewhere else." And he got all teary. I hugged and kissed him and told him that we are lucky that is still a long ways away.

On school days we set Luke's alarm for 7:00 and tell him that he can't come into our room until his alarm goes off and he turns it off. But as soon as he realizes it is going off, turns it off and shuffles down the hall we get a little snuggle time before we have to get ready. This morning Luke and Berry (his sleep bear) found their way right in between Cody and I. Luke said, "Mommy, I don't need Berry anymore." I said, "You don't, why not?" He said, "I don't have bad dreams anymore, so I don't need him." We finally decided that we would keep him around just in case but he doesn't have to go to bed with him every night anymore. :(

He is just getting too big on me.

3 comments:

timeinabottle said...

That is so sweet. Even he is starting to feel those growing (in the heart) pains. We will see you soon.

Bekki said...

Sweet boy!

Nicole Thomas said...

Precious!!