Monday, July 21, 2008

Gatlinburg 2008




Our long awaited vacation/anniversary trip has finally come....and gone unfortunately. Cody and I took off to Gatlinburg, TN over the second week of July. We had a wonderful time. It was so refreshing to have some time to reconnect after having him gone for so long. Joe, Linda and Clint (Cody's family) came down and watched Luke & Charlotte for us. We enjoyed the mountains in our free condo that my sister Sondra hooked us up with. It was fabulous...very spacious and had anabsolutely gorgeous view of the mountains off in the distance. We made a trip up to Gatlinburg our first day there and took a stroll through all the shops and sights. The second day we took a helicopter ride and me being the chicken I am only got at most a few glimpses out before taking in the full view while landing. Definitely a different experience, much different than taking off in a plane. The third day we went white water rafting down the Pigeon...nowhere near as fun as the Ocoee but a good "starter" for anyone that is just wanting to experience rafting for the first time. Cody had never been before and wanted a little more action I believe. The best part for him was when we were going into the last class IV and we hit hard....he was ejected from the raft and he said that our boat looked like a taco. :) Being the strong swimmer that he is he was able to swim in place against the current until our guide could get him back in. :) He loved being ejected...I was very thankful that I stayed in...I would still be floating had been thrown out. :) Next rafting trip will be the Ocoee. On our last full day Cody and I went back into Gatlinburg, we had planned on taking the tram to the Ober Mountain and going ice skating. Unfortunately there was a pretty bad storm up there and we were getting pounded with rain so we caught the trolley back out of town and stayed in to watch more of Season One of Heroes....the next big hook that Cody has gotten me on. By day 5 we were glad to be heading home and getting back to Luke & Charlotte.

No comments: