Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Post Memorial Day Camping


From Left: Craig, Cody holding Charlotte, Curt, Grandpa, Clint, Chad holding Luke

Grandma sharing some water with Charlotte

Marilee and Jamie

Curt & Clint grilling

Luke

From Left: Heath, Miranda, (Luke & Braiden), Sam, Chad and the back of Charlotte's head.

Luke pouting...see below for Charlotte pouting

Driving and chowing down on some corn on the cob

Charlotte pouting...check out that lip

Chad being Uncle Victor

Cody reheating enchilladas....yummy

Clint....too big for the bike.

Our lovely view

Cody and I after boating

Grandpa holding Charlotte, Chad & Sam

Chad, Luke & Charlotte


This year for our Post Memorial Day celebrations we went camping with the Sedlacek's. Cody ended up getting an extra day off so we headed out to the Farm on Tuesday night. Wednesday was spent preparing food, etc. and we finally got out to the campgrounds on Thursday around noon. Somehow...sheer luck I am sure we picked the two best spots at Branched Oak. We had a gorgeous view, plenty of room between the two campsites and we were approx. 100 yards or so away from the lake/docks. Linda, Clint, Cody, the kids and I made it out first and did most of the setting up. Chad and Sam came rolling in with their boat around 6:00 that evening. Joe made it in later that evening after he got back from flying. We had a leisurely night and then hit the lake bright and early the next day. The kids Loved it. (I didn't get one picture of them on the boat so hopefully Sam will post some to Facebook soon). Cody even got Luke & Charlotte out on the raft to be pulled "really slowly" by the boat. This was Luke's favorite thing. Charlotte liked it until they hit a bump and water got on her. :) That was enough of that....but she tried it and liked it. Saturday was filled with more boating and Granpa Gene's 76th Birthday party. Curt, Jamie, Grandpa, Marilee, Heath, Miranda, Braiden, Grant & Jenny all came out to celebrate and enjoy the beautiful weather. We had steaks and all kinds of goodies. Sunday was full of packing up.....until next time. We definitely picked the best days to go camping...no Nebraska wind to ruin it either. I can't wait until next trip.

1 comment:

Bekki said...

You make me want a camper! We are going camping this weekend in Moab, UT - I sure hope its better than my last camping experience!
Honey...I think of you every time I get burned. When you mentioned you went out on the lake I thought of that time in Dauphin Island when you got sun poisoning. That was SO scary!!