Thursday, May 21, 2009

1st Camping Trip


Me by the camper..hair looking rough.


The kids posing by the water...they had fun throwing sticks and rocks into the water.


Our camper...and Cody doing something.


Hotdogs over the fire...yummy.


Lake McConaughy...it is huge!


Here are a few pictures of our first "camping" trip. :) It was only for one night to try out the new digs and make sure things worked fine before our longer trip next week. The kids had a ball and once everything was setup Cody and I both found it relaxing.

We drove out to Ogallala, NE to Lake McConaughy area and actually camped on the lower portion of the dam (Lake Ogallala). It was beautiful, the weather was great and we had a good time. The wind was a little crazy that evening so I didn't sleep a wink until it dyed down around midnight but other than that it was good.

When we were leaving Ogallala we spotted the TIV (Tornado Interceptor Vehicle) from Storm Chasers. Unfortnately I did not have my camera out so I missed the photo op. :(

2 comments:

Bekki said...

How fun! That is my type of camping - w/ a camper! I hope your upcoming camping trip goes smoothly.
(you look great, btw!)

timeinabottle said...

Looks like everyone is having a great time. I can't believe how the kids are growing. Charlotte looks almost as tall as Luke. Love you all.