Thursday, April 10, 2008
The Perks of Being a Case Manager
O.k...there are numerous "cons" to be a Case Manager...and I experienced at least a handful today. From working with patients who cannot afford 10,200 dollars worth of V Fend...a drug that will be needed for at least six weeks to keep this person healty a.k.a living.....To dealing with Home Health/Pharmacy/DME organization. My day can be filled with working on just one patient because their needs are so complex that it takes not just hours but days to get everything worked out. I consider this the "cons" LOL....only because it can become exhausting after doing it day in and day out. But hey, that is what I get paid for, right? Well, now to the "pros". Since I do the job I do, we have lots of people that like to come in and show us kindness (a.k.a...hoping to have us push their services..shhh...don't tell them but we can't push anything, it is patient choice) by bringing us things or taking us out for dinner. Tonight was one of those such nights. We were taken to Dale's Steak House....yummy. :) Lots of goodies to eat starting with Chicken Tenders, Crab Claws, Cheese Sticks, Jalapeno Poppers, Shrimp...etc. Then on to the main part...lol. French Onion Soup, Salad, Prime Rib, Baked Potato, Wine and Cheesecake for dessert. :) I am not sure if the perks outweigh the mundane day to day stuff...but it sure helps. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment