If anyone is wondering why I am putting up so many recipes it is because we will be moving soon. I don't want to lose them so I figured this would be a great place to post them.
Last night we went over to the Slankard's house for dinner. They are a wonderful couple with three kids. Their oldest, Holden, is in Luke's pre-k class. Their daughter, Rylan, is just a little bit older than Charlotte and then they have two year old Noland. They grilled steak & chicken and we had a wonderful salad that just hit the taste buds just right. :)
Salad:
Spinach & Romaine Mixture
Strawberries
Sliced Almonds
Feta Cheese
Purple Onion
Dressing:
1 /14 cup sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp salt
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp onion powder
2 cups salad oil (or any light veg. oil)
3 Tbsp poppy seeds
I know that she said she was out of a few of these ingredients so she substituted white vinegar for white wine vinegar, garlic powder for onion powder and olive oil for salad oil. It was delicious.
The Broccoli Salad that I made was pretty darn good too....here it is.
2 bunches of broccoli, florets only (5 to 6 cups)
1 medium red onion (I used vidalia)
1/2 cup craisins
10 to 12 slices bacon, fried & crumbled (I used the real bacon bits you buy at the store)
Dressing:
1 cup mayo
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
2 teaspoons sugar
Combine salad ingredients, top with dressing mixture. Stir, chill and serve.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oooh - I have been wanting a good broccoli salad recipe! I love the one at Sweet Tomatoes but R hates that place. LOL
BTW: I love reading your blog (and stuff you write on fb - you crack me up!).
Does the broccoli get a little soft? I can't handle raw broccoli, but can it it cooked like crazy!
Both of these recipes sound really good!
Post a Comment