Thursday, March 4, 2010

Short Visit with Grandpa Sedlacek


Charlotte the stewardess


Captain Cody

Papa Joe with the grandkids (Luke, Charlotte & holding Mark)

Can you see us?

Captain Luke & Co-pilot Charlotte


Joe was finally able to get a flight to Raleigh, unfortunately, it may be his last out here. It was shown on the news last night that Conagra plans to close the Garner plant so I imagine VIP flights to this area will dwindle. However, it was nice to get to see Joe for a bit. He came in Tuesday night around 6:15 or so and the kids were tickled to see him. We had dinner and Perkins and made our way back home. Wednesday was pretty much a lazy day with Grandpa. Luke did not have school because of the snow so they played upstairs...I imagine Joe was almost too tired to fly back to Nebraska. Thank goodness for the go button on the plane (LOL). We headed back to Raleigh early so the kids could check out the airplane. It definitely would not be a bad way to travel. Too bad we haven't won the lottery yet. :)

3 comments:

SKoskey said...

Could those smiles get any bigger? Glad to hear that Joe made it in to see Mark and the kids.

Bekki said...

How fun!? I think that would be the coolest thing to get to do as a child. Cody looks like a little kid up there in the front, too! ;o)
I hear you about winning the lottery! I would love to have a private jet - I would go sooo many places.

timeinabottle said...

I hope the kids didn't push any buttons like they do when they get into the car. They really do look excited. They will always remember getting to sit in Grandpa's airplane. Hope they remember getting to ride in our old blue van.