Grandma & Charlotte
Luke
Charlotte
Cody & Jeff (BFF...lol) And apparently I did not get a photo of me or Clint.
On Friday we kept Luke out of Pre-school so that we could make a trip to the beach. Linda & Clint were here and Clint has never seen the ocean...only the Gulf. We got start around 9:30 and made our way to Wilmington which is only about 2 hours away. We stopped in at Jeff's apartment for a quick pit-stop (to re-fuel the baby) and then swung by K-Mart (sorry dad...it was close) to get sand toys. We were all excited to see temps in the 60s. We got to the beach, unpacked all of our stuff, Cody pushed the buggy up the dune area and we were met with a big disappointment. The beach was being "refurbished". LOL...there were huge pipes as far as we could see and a fence up so that you couldn't get on the beach. Luke expressed all of our sentiments when he said, "Oh man!". Fortunately Jeff was able to navigate us to a place further down the beach and we were able to get in an hour or so of beach time. It was lovely when we first go there but the wind did pick up and make for a chilly adventure. The kids were not phased....they had so much fun. I was however disappointed with the waves. I am used to Myrtle Beach and decent waves....Wilmington Beach resembled Gulf waves. Oh well. After the beach we had a snack at Taco Bell where Jeff's mom & step-dad met up with us. Next Cody, Jeff and Clint took Luke & Charlotte to Charles Queso (Chuckie Cheese) while Linda and I took Mark to the mall for some window shopping. We all met back up for a dinner at Elijah's in downtown Wilmington. The food was not as good as the food I have had in Calabash but we had a nice time and I must admit the fried oysters were awesome. (Sondra...you would have really like them). Cody got us safely home while most of the passengers slept. Perhaps next time we will have to consider staying overnight...it was a packed day and I sure was tired the next day.
1 comment:
HAHAHA! Charles Queso - I'll have to tell my Ryan that one. So funny.
Wow - that does sound like a busy day! Its always good to get some family time in.
Post a Comment