Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quick Trip to the Farm (Nebraska)



Cody and I made a spur of the moment decision to head out to Nebraska on Thursday night after I picked him up from the airport. It was Craig's graduation weekend and Mother's Day weekend so we decided to sneak up to Nebraska and surprise everyone. We left Huntsville around 8:00 and rolled into Syracuse at 9:00 Friday morning. Cody did a majority of the driving...night driving is horrible. The kids did great though, they slept nearly the whole way up. When we got to the farm the only one home was Chris. However, Linda showed up just shortly after us and was SURPRISED to see us. It was great getting to see the look on her face. Craig came wandering in next followed by Joe who was in dis-belief as well. :) I had just talked to them the night before and did a great job covering on our whereabouts. :) The kids took right up to digging around in P-Paw and Grandma's House. Cody and I got naps. :) Curt came in from Lincoln to visit and Chad and Sam made it in later that night. Saturday was filled with errands and preparing for Craig's graduation party. Not the best weather but I think everything turned out very nice. Graduation went on without a hitch (other than the drunk lady sitting near Cody and I) and the party turned up more family and friends that we have not seen in a good while. Unfortunately our stay was much too short but well worth the travel time. We headed back home to Alabama this morning at 3:30....with most all in attendance for our farewell. :) It rained the whole way home and wind blasted us too....but we got back to Huntsville around 4:45 (in plenty of time for Cody to catch his flight back to NC). I stopped by mom and dad's on the way home to say Happy Mother's Day and got back to our house by 8:00. The kids are happy to have their own beds back but Luke misses him COMBINE & TRACTOR. He is very excited about the Labor Day Sedlacek Family Reunion.

1 comment:

Nicole Thomas said...

I am so glad you guys were able to go visit. Sorry about my crazy 10:00 phone call you had to field while you were there! Happy you made it home safe. Lets do dinner soon. And shopping, Joey informed me that I need a new pair of jeans and brown capris. Woo hoo!