Well, as I predicted...Cody is home, I'm wired and he is tired. LOL. Oh well, we have had a long day and it has been wonderful. Cody made it stateside yesterday but we were not able to get him a flight in until today. So, I had one more grueling night of sleeping with anxiety. He was able to get a flight in to Huntsville this morning around 11:00. Of course I was up on the crack of dawn nearly...lol...any other day and you would have had to drag me out of the bed after I hit snooze like 10 times. The kids and I got ready, made a few stops at the yard sales in our neighborhood and then made our way to Huntsville. As you can see (or somewhat see) we were prepared with homemade sign and American Flag. After checking the "arrivals" for the second time I walked the kids back to sit down. They were fussing and I was just telling Luke, "daddy is going to be here any minute, he doesn't want us all crying." When bam, I turned around and did a double take...LOL...there was CODY. People thought I was nuts probably. I let out a little shriek, jumped up and ran to him, leaving the kids behind..LOL...they were only a few feet away. :) It was wonderful to see that smiling face. Luke was cautious but warmed up quickly and crawled into daddy's lap after being prompted. Charlotte was much more reserved....she clung to mommy. We made our way to baggage claim where I was able to snap that second shot. On the way home we stopped at Subway for lunch and then home and naps for all. When the kids woke up Cody got lots of play time in with Luke & Charlotte (who by the way has warmed up quiet nicely to daddy). Then we ran some errands in town and back home for dinner, outside time and and movie (Charlotte's Web). The kids and CODY are settled into bed and I am sitting her grinning like an idiot because my family is finally whole again. :) For all those who prayed for Cody's safe return...THANK YOU!P.S. I will post more pictures as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment