How did this summer get away from me? I had BIG plans and even though I was able to check off some of that list....there are many more things that did not get checked off. Oh well, such is life. I can't believe it is August and in two short days...Luke will be starting Kindergarten (nail biting). It is going to be extremely odd not having that little guy around all the time. We had orientation this morning and I had to carry all three kids as I do not know anyone in Niceville as of yet. Charlotte & little man, Mark, did great (my prayers were answered). Luke was excited to get to check out his room, meet fellow students and get the "grand" tour of Bluewater Elementary. Little man fell asleep in his sleepy wrap (thank you, Grandma Sedlacek for getting us that). Charlotte played with a my little pony and colored on paper. I listened attentively to Mrs. Zaal and filled out paperwork as needed. Nicole & I took Luke to look around the school about two weeks ago and actually met Mrs. Zaal at that time, so it was nice to get a familiar face. She has been teaching for many years and is a natural with 5 year olds. I know Luke is excited to start the big K but I wonder how Charlotte will manage without him. Luckily for her...we did sign her up for a 3-k program that will start in early September. It is only two days a week from 9:00-12:00. I think that will give her a little outlet to meet some friends. Plus it will help me get some grocery shopping & errands done on those two lone days a week with just Mark.
We are getting settled here in Niceville and I am really enjoying the area. I would probably like it a lot more if I had some friends but hopefully that will come as I get more involved with Luke & Charlotte's school. It has been HOT-T (let's add another T just for emphasis). The beach in Destin is still gorgeous so we have been there a few times and the rest of the time we are just hanging at home getting things put away. Anyone needing a va-cay....take us up on our offer of a place to stay. Just a 3 minute drive to the Gulf. :)
What's new with everyone:
Cody training for his new MOS.
Sarah trying to get the house settled and pick up the "manly" duties that I haven't had to do in awhile (cutting grass, taking out the trash).
Luke: Starting Kindergarten on Thursday, Turned 5 over the summer, being a great big brother.
Charlotte: Potty TRAINED! (YES!) Starts k-3 in September, likes to help heat things up in the microwave, a good big sister.
Mark: Rolling EVERYWHERE...no stopping him now. Eating baby food, smiles a lot, drools even more. No teeth yet. Almost a whopping 20 pounds at 6 months. A pretty wonderful and easy going baby.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope you meet some great people in Niceville! Its always hard in the beginning and for some reason seems like the friends will never come. :o(
I am sure y'all are enjoying the beach! Jealous!
Come back to blog world! I miss reading about your family. I saw you are planning to go to WA at the first of the year. If you have to drive through SLC then y'all are more than welcome to stay with us!
Post a Comment