Cody came home from work Friday and said, "Hey, let's go camping". We threw a few things in a bag and an hour later we were on our way. (Hey, what do you expect...we are packing for 5 people now) We met Jeff in Elizabeth Town at the local state park. We got there around 7:00 and the park closes at 8:00 so I ran to the store to get a few necessary items (still managed to forget smore items). Plus I accidentally took the camper key so the site was not set up when I got back like I intended. :) Cody & Jeff were able to get it up fairly quickly and then they moved on to working the fire. We made hotdogs and then by their own accord the kids were ready to go to bed. LOL. I was shortly behind them. Thank goodness that our camper has a heater...it got pretty chilly that night but the heater kept the cold at bay. Saturday morning we woke up early to a beautiful day that warmed up quickly. We decided to take a bike ride around the lake (5 mile route). This was no leisurely jaunt. What started out as Cody riding with Luke on the hitchkiker, me with Charlotte & little man in the trailer and Jeff on his own bike turned into Cody with Charlotte & Mark, Jeff with Luke and Me on Jeff's bike. LOL. At one point on the trail (the very dense part) Cody put on his brakes which made Jeff put on his brakes. I was in the back and got stuck on a bump which made me quickly lose my balance because Jeff's bike was so much taller than mine. Over I went into a thick of leaves....UGH...thank goodness a snake did not pop out...I may have died. The way I fell I could not get the bike off of me to get up so Jeff had to run back and help me. LOL...we did get a good laugh out of it. (After I was out of leaves and no snake showed itself.) Silly me did not get any pictures while we were in the woods...I only remembered I had my camera when we got out of it. So these are the only pictures I got of our trip...but better some than none. LOL. After our bike ride Mark and I took a nap while the guys took the kids to fish. Unfortunately it was only a one night trip. There was only one spot in the camp that had electricity and it was already booked for Saturday night. Oh well...it was a fun little trip!
The kids must have had a blast...they were out before we even left the park for home.
2 comments:
Kudos to you for being able to throw a "last minute" camping trip together. I am so type A that it would take me FOREVER!
Too fun! Gives me hope that our camping trip to UT won't be a bust.
How do you like the hitchhiker? We love ours, but if Abs looks to the side or something, I have to fight to keep it up!
Post a Comment